RED International partners with AIDSLink International in order to impact the global HIV and AIDS pandemic.
AIDSLink International is an advocate and consultant for HIV and AIDS projects, proactive in raising awareness, training and involvement. AIDSLink has local branches in a number of countries and projects are implemented through an appropriate local response. AIDSLink International also partners with like-minded organisations in programme implementation.
AIDSLink International’s vision is to see hope restored in individuals and communities, as they work together to overcome the challenges of HIV and AIDS. AIDSLink International challenges assumptions, calls to involvement, and works for change.
AIDSLink International around the world is:
- Training community leaders
- Providing and helping people access medical care
- Helping orphans and vulnerable children access education
- Educating and mentoring youth to make good choices
- Networking with like-minded organisations
- Helping in project planning and implementation
- Giving practical help to those in need
- Providing printed and digital resources
Channels of Hope© is a comprehensive program of HIV and AIDS workshops and educational sessions. This is offered to those working with the vulnerable, marginalised or people affected by HIV and AIDS. Participants are taken through a powerful encounter with the facts about HIV, the human face of AIDS and their own attitudes toward people living with HIV. It challenges them to become a Channel of Hope© in the HIV pandemic. Furthermore the Channels of Hope facilitator training© empowers and equips participants to run Channels of Hope© workshops themselves, multiplying the effect by equipping them to train others. The Channels of Hope facilitator training© is transformational and educational, it touches the heart, the head and the hands (attitudes, knowledge and response).
To find out more about HIV and AIDS click here
To visit AIDSLink International's website click here
RED International has been involved in the following ways over this last 12 months:-
- We are very grateful for grants awarded by the Mercury Phoenix Trust to support projects in 2015 & 2016 in Lake Tanganyika, Russia and India.
- Attended AIDSLink Internationals biennial conference, HopeXchange, in Malaysia.
- Set up a Global Giving page for our partner’s project by Lake Tanganyika, Zambia, generating donations
- Conducted HIV awareness training
- Using social media to raise awareness
*The HIV status of those photographed is unknown
If you would like to give to RED International and/or receive updates so that we can help support people affected by HIV and AIDS, please follow the links below.